Thu, 28 August 2008
The next two episodes are going to be Convention-focused. This week the Dems were up, next week the Reps. There are several clips from Demoracy Now that I am playing on the show, as they seemed to give the best coverage, as well as a different perspective that isn't clouded over with the same talking points.
*Opening: Tavis Smiley on Expectations
*The plan for the next two shows
*DN Clip #1- general overview of convention center
- What's happening outside the convention center
- "Free Speech Cage" Really?
*DN Clip #2- the AT&T Party
- No one wants anyone to know who they are!
- Well, the Republicans don't care really
- Glenn Greenwald talks about telecom immunity
*Homework Assignment: Get all parties included in Presidential Debates!
- Click HERE for all the details, all the work is done. Just copy, paste, repeat.
*DN Clip #3- Talking to delegates in the Convention Center. They are very well trained!
- I do heart Kucinich, but I think his efforts are futile. He's too independent to be a Democrat!
- Here's a thought: No Labels!
*DN Clip #4- More protests. Also a good game of "Who's the Cop?"
- email from a new listener in the DC area
- Girl Scout Wiki Page
- Black Agenda Report
- Oh sure, agree with Nobilis! ;-)
- Some answers to the question "Would we have gone to Iraq under a Gore Presidency?"
- Forum thread with some thoughts
- Comment from Nobilis
*Let me know if you hated the coverage!
email: tsdiva AT gmail DOT com
I enjoyed listening to differ podcasts. I am always open to differ opinions and such. It must be hard for law enforcements to hold back protesters. Not all protesters are peaceful so I\'m certain things got out of hand. I\'m looking forward to the Biden & Palin debate! *CHEERS*