Sat, 25 February 2012
Two shows within one month- that must be a new record!
This episode we all took the Political Compass Test, and discussed not only our results, but about the questions themselves, and how some were hard to answer. Highlights:
RECORDED JANUARY 17TH
-Tests teach society to lie,
-View of the US from other countries.
-A bunch of white people start talking about race.
-SOPA/PIPA- yep that's how old this recording is. I thought about cutting it, but then again it's good to know what it is because it will come up again in Congress.
-What was the topic?
-Is it class or race/nationality that divides us?
- Should taxpayer money fund museums
- What is education, exactly?
- We're angry, dammit!
- PBS, oh that PBS.
- Pray for a benevolent dictator.
- Rehab or punishment
- We create more prisoners than are criminal.
- Elected leaders and coercing their views.
- We're all Libertarian, we just don't know it yet!
- Who knew that when you get to know someone, stereotypes just don't hold up.
- Get us some porn.
- We need a contrarian to our topics.
Email: tsdiva AT gmail DOT com
Hashtag tweets with #tscast (note new hashtag!)
Wow, I forgot Debbie's "I'm ashamed we have so many evangelical Christians in this country" comment came up on this podcast. (17:20) Debbie explained that since she disagrees with them, she doesn't like other people thinking that what they say is what all Americans feel. This and other recent examples, reminds me just how different we all are, especially within groups. I gotta say, these podcast round tables are making me lean more and more anti-war as I start to realize that not every Iranian/Syrian/North Korean/Libyan/Iraqi/Afghani has the same mindset as their leader.