Sun, 26 August 2007
Two years after Hurricane Katrina broke down levies which destroyed New Orleans, there still has not been significant progress made. What's the hold up? Pick an issue. People today still argue about who's to blame for all the mishaps during and after. This episode tries to put the timeline in perspective.
It all began on this day, August 26 2005, when federal assistance was first requested by all of the gulf coast states.
-Michael Eric Dyson starts things off
-Promo: The Big Show
-Feedback Show a success, and there will be another!
-More from Dyson's Democracy Now Interview
-How To Destroy an African-American City in 33 Steps
-Bed Music from Jim Farley: "Katrina"
-Aaron's thoughts about Katrina
-Toxic FEMA Trailers
-Barely has thoughts about Katrina too
-Who's pointing fingers at whom?
-US refuses foreign aid
-Luxury condos- THAT will help rebuild the city!
-Today New Orleans is still at risk
-An email showing "why we can't save Louisiana"
-which pisses Dani off.
Music played on the show:
-Lee Coulter: "Uncle Sam"
-BJam: "Save New Orleans"
-Allison Crowe: "Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms"
Photo was winner of a contest, and was found here.
voicemail line: 206-337-1026
Thu, 16 August 2007
First strictly feedback show ever!
- Tabz thinks I'm famous
- That Barely, making me work!
- What I think of Michael Moore
- What I think of Michael Moore's movies
- Bowling for Columbine: Fighting the lies
- You say felony, the President says Executive Privilege
- Court says NSA wiretapping is illegal, twice!
- Inside the data mine
- Nothing says "f*** off, America", like a signing statement
- There is a reason for these articles of impeachment
- Dave apparently is suspicious-looking. This makes me laugh. Hard. I've seen him in person, I know I could take him.
- Lazy logic
- More feedback, from the Podcast Pickle review contest
- Dani speaks from the heart.
- Podcast Peer Award happiness
- Next show is about the ongoing Hurricane Katrina disaster. If you have thoughts about Katrina and how reconstruction is going (two years later), send them my way!
Thu, 16 August 2007
Well, what do you know? I won! And I get a trophy! Heeheeee....
I can't express how exciting this is for me! Thanks again to Twilight for the nomination, and to everyone who voted. I was there along with two other fine shows, please go and check them out:
My History Can Beat Up Your Politics
You can see all the other winners HERE.
Thank you again, all you fellow podcasters. It's a wonderful feeling to be acknowledged for your hard work and efforts. It shows it isn't just merely a popularity contest based on how many fans a show has and how many times you remember to vote. Quality vs. quantity. I'm truly grateful.
Category:general -- posted at: 4:44 AM
Mon, 6 August 2007
A cover-up that continues to be un-covered, the death (murder?) of Pat Tillman. Consider this a continuation of episode 26. But first, plenty of headlines, feedback, and trip-happy music for you.
-JC Hutchins likes Geek-chicka Commies.
-Podcast Pickle Reviews for Riches Contest
-Hey I'm number 19 in the Pickle 100! That's insane!
-One week left!
-Headlines from Democracy Now
-Background music: "Midnight Blue Odyssey"
-Barely wants his money back
-He also thinks I shouldn't give Congress so much credit. (and he's right!)
-This poll tells you why
-Only 20%, Steve?
-How can you be both pessimistic and optimistic? Is that considered 'flip-flopping'?
-An Australian finds the show by accident
-TS33 Thread on Podcast Pickle proved mildly entertaining- mildly.
-Taking a break with "7th Son Project: Alpha"
-The Pat Tillman cover-up continues
- Editor and Publisher article
-AZ Republic Article 1
-AZ Republic Article 2
-One more hit from TWiG: "Blackened"
(all music this episode brought to you by TWiG- thank you!)
Voice mail line: 206-337-1026